Hey All You RCP Friends Of The Trail,
Forecasted into the mid 90’s by this coming weekend, work day at RCP next Saturday , September 14, for an official RCP Trail Work Day event.
**We will be STARTING at 8AM, meeting in the east
end of the parking lot at the Castle&Centerville intersection and then working for no more than 2 to 3 hours max.
There are a number of projects available to be worked, so it depends on what I get done before then and the number of volunteers that are available, we will decide exactly which of the following gets done:
- in the field mowing is needed currently on loops2 thru 6.
- harvesting sand from various locations on loop3 and 5.
- depositing the sand to a number of severely cracked areas of trail tread, again on loops2 thru 6.
- “in your face” branches and weeds have need of trimming in all of out wooded areas; trees and weeds are always in a constant state of growth.
- trash removal is also always in need, especially along our three major waterways, Rowlett Creek (runs down east of loops11 through 8, and 1 through 6), Toyah Creek (runs through loops14, 7, 1 and 1a) and Mills Branch Creek (borders south and west of loop6).
Personal protection: long pants, long sleeve shirt, eye protection, sun screen, bug spray, a hat, heavy closed toe shoes, and gloves. I will provide some water, sports drinks, fruit, and power bars. If you have a shovel and hand pruners bring them with you.